The look is very important for a lot of people when it comes down to personal computers and humans have been like that since the man landed on the Moon. We should be the ultimate hypocrites to say we don’t care about the look of our laptops when, in fact, over 50% of laptops buyers are influenced by design.
There are a lot of performance enthusiasts ready to pay 5 grand for any laptop if it’s the most powerful one in the world, no matter how it looks, but there are also people who couldn’t care less about performance. Keep a close eye on the business laptop market, take a closer look at ultrabooks and things like that and you will see where this is going.
This being said, and beauty being in the eye of the beholder, as they say, let’s pick the 5 best looking laptops available on the market today.
5 best looking laptops in the world
- HP Spectre – A 13.3-inch laptop intended for business purposes. It’s just 0.41 inches thin and weighs close to nothing (2.45lbs). This is one of the most portable solutions on today’s market and, in my opinion, the most beautiful one. The laptop costs a few hundreds above a grand and you get all the goodies: from the backlit keyboard to a glass trackpad, FULL HD IPS display and last but not least, up to 9 hours of battery life. Internals look really good: Intel® Core™ i7-6500U processor, 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, and 512 GB NVMe SSD.
- Apple MacBook – Even though a lot of people considered this laptop a major setback in terms of evolution (caused by the lack of ports), we must tell you one thing: Apple knows how to design a laptop. Apple’s products (MacBook 12) have always been surrounded by some kind of perfection aura, far above the other performance beasts on the market. Apple chose to build a machine linked to its own closed environment, but that doesn’t mean it is less performant. MAC OS is very well optimized. And the design is pure madness. This 12-inch laptop weighs less than a Spectre (2.03lbs) and is thinner too (0.35 inches).
- Dell XPS 13 – If you like edge-to-edge displays, this laptop will be a real thrill for you. I think this is one of the most beautiful laptops I’ve ever seen and the configuration is also good. We’re sick of those cheap nice looking laptops which won’t be able to run much more than a text editor, so being able to see some performance in the house is what we’ve been expecting since The Crusades. This 13-inch laptop XPS manufactured by Dell can be personalized before buying, so don’t be afraid to choose a QHD+ touchscreen display on this little beast. It’s a 13-inch screen crowded in an 11-inch chassis.
- Alienware 13 – This is entry level for Alienware laptops, the 13-inch model. They are cheap and packed with technology. They have Intel core i7 processors 6500U, 16 GB of RAM, 250 GB PCIe SSD and up to 10 hours of battery life with that NVIDIA GTX960/GTX965M inside. The look is out of this world. You can swear this was designed by an alien civilization because it doesn’t look like anything else on the market. While ASUS and HP are willing to compete against Apple, trying to provide the same look for their business class laptops, Dell has a different view and a different perspective. Alienware 13 doesn’t look like anything else and is gorgeous, even though we’re talking about a bulky gaming laptop.
- LG Gram – I think LG tried to link MacBook and Dell XPS 13 into one laptop. LG Gram is a 14-inch laptop with almost edge-to-edge display which weighs 2.16 lbs. This being said, it’s obviously better than the 12-inch MacBook. This one has 2 extra inches. Being light and good-looking aren’t LG Gram’s only advantages. It is also very powerful, embracing an Intel Core i7 5500U processor inside its carbon chassis. It has enough RAM memory – 8 GB DDR3 – and a 256 GB SSD for storage. The display is gorgeous even though it’s just full HD.
These are the 5 most beautiful laptops I’ve seen today on Amazon.com and please be easy on me if you have a different opinion. We’re not talking about specs or FPS this time, it’s just my opinion about what I like. If you think other laptops should get into this TOP 5, please let me know by posting a comment to this article.